|ISI Global Inc.
Education Corporation ISI Gakuen
Formulated: April 1, 2006
|ISI Group Personal Information Protection Policy|
|The ISI Group (ISI Global Inc., ISI Inc., and Education Corporation ISI Gakuen; hereinafter referred to as the “Group”) has the following corporate philosophy: “Our aim is to help people achieve their dreams and to help foster a global society by creating an educational environment for the development of global human resources.” The Group’s core businesses are the Japanese language education business, vocational college business, and overseas study business, and we strive to provide services related to education.
We are deeply aware of the extreme importance of appropriately handling and protecting the personal information of our customers and other people related to the Group as we move forward with these business activities.
The Group has stipulated the personal information protection policy below, and we declare that we will implement and maintain it by making the company’s board members and employees thoroughly knowledgeable about it.
1. In relation to personal information handled for all business and the personal information of employees and others, we will comply with laws and regulations related to the handling of personal information, guidelines stipulated by the national government, and other standards.
2. For the handling of the collection, use, and provision of personal information, collection will be made by lawful and fair means, and the use and provision will be done within the scope of the purposes. In the event that a necessity arises for handling beyond the scope of the specified purposes of use, the individual will be notified again of the purposes of use, efforts to obtain agreement will be made, and the personal information will not be used other than for the purposes.
3. We will take reasonable safety measures and corrective measures against risks of fraudulent access, loss, destruction, falsification, and leaks for all personal information handled within the Group.
4. The Group will sincerely and promptly deal with requests from individuals to disclose, correct, delete, or stop using personal information, as well as complaints and consultations.
5. We will appropriately maintain a system for protecting personal information and continuously make improvements in light of changes in circumstances, social trends related to the protection of personal information, and customers’ requests.
【Representative for inquiries about the Personal Information Protection Policy】
|Handling of Personal Information|
President, ISI Inc.
Formulated: April 1, 2013
|The company will strive to handle and protect as follows the personal information that it is entrusted with, based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and the ISI Group Personal Information Protection Policy.
1. Definition of personal information
“Personal information” in these regulations refers to information related to a living individual that identifies or could identify a specific individual. Specifically, it means all information related to an individual, such as name, nationality, address, telephone number, mail address, date of birth, family composition, state of health, and grades, etc.
2. Purposes of using personal information
The company will use provided personal information for the purposes below.
(1) Sending materials / contacting the individual
(2) Obligations as an educational organization (enrollment / selection, attending classes / evaluation, contacting graduates, etc.)
(3) For shared use within the ISI group
(4) For other purposes related to the above
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
The company will not provide personal information to a third party, except in the cases below.
(1) When the person (the student or his or her guardian) agrees
(2) When there has been a request based on laws or regulations
(3) When there is impending danger to a person’s life or body and it has been recognized that there is an urgent necessity
(4) When it has been recognized that it is necessary to let a student’s guardian know about the student’s state of attendance or grades
(5) When a visa application, homestay procedures, airport welcome or sendoff, or referral to a part-time job will be conducted
4. Shared use of personal information
The company may share use of entrusted personal information with the company’s group companies listed in “Scope of shared use” below.
5. Consignment of personal information
In order to proceed smoothly with operations, the company may consign a portion of its operations and currently or subsequently provide the party consigned with its operations with personal information within the necessary scope. In such a case, the company and each of the companies of the Group will conduct appropriate supervision, including concluding an agreement about handling with the party consigned with its operations.
6. Abolishment of personal information
7. Inquiries about personal information
In the event that we have received one of the requests below from a student about personal information that the company manages, the company will respect the student’s intentions and handle the matter as necessary within a reasonable scope.
8. Consultations or complaints about handling of personal information
【Contact information for inquiries】
ISI Language School
ISI Language College
Open: Mon.- Fri. 9：00～18：00
|Agreement about Handling of Personal Information
Agreement on Portrait Rights, Copyrights, and Use of Personal Information